On September 26, Valve released a patch which increased the maximum number of polycounts for 18 heroes and their abilities. A list of updated slots was posted on reddit.
Increased the maximum number of polycounts for the following heroes:
- Death Prophet (legs, perfumes Exorcism);
- Earthshaker (hands, weapons);
- Enigma (Eidolon);
- Invoker (Forge Spirit);
- Beastmaster (Hawk);
- Juggernaut (Healing Ward);
- Leshrac (weapon);
- Night Stalker (hands, back, head, legs, tail);
- Nature's Prophet (Nature's Call);
- Phoenix (Supernova);
- Pugna (Nether Ward);
- Clockwerk (Power Cogs);
- Shadow Shaman (Mass Serpent Ward);
- Broodmother (Spawn Spiderlings);
- Techies (Remote Mines, Minefield Sign);
- Undying (Flesh Golem);
- Venomancer (Plague Ward);
- Witch Doctor (Death Ward).
Valve has previously updated the maximum number of polycounts for 42 heroes and their abilities. Polycount is a term used in computer graphics to determine the number of polygons in a 3D model. For Dota 2’s case, higher polycounts means workshop creators can work on much detailed sets as well as improve the model of heroes in-game.