Valve has released the ninth Operation for CS:GO, titled 'Shattered Web', along with an increase in the price of the SG553 back to $3,000.
The decision to restore the Krieg's original price is aimed at bringing the cost "more in line its value" after the scoped rifle had become the go-to weapon for Terrorists - and for the CTs whenever they could get their hands on it - in recent months.
The new update also sees a price drop of $200 to both the FAMAS and the Galil as well as an increase in both weapons' full-auto spraying accuracy.
Cache has been added to Competitive Matchmaking, while Vertigo has been tweaked once again, and three new maps (Studio, Jungle and Lunacy) have been added to various game modes.
Operation Shattered Web - the first DLC of this kind to hit the game in over two years - features special characters called 'agents', which can be equipped on the T or CT side. Players will be required to complete missions and earn stars to be able to unlock these characters, which come with unique voice lines and animations.
By completing these missions, players will also earn rewards from the new weapon collections: the Shattered Web weapon case and three collections with designs by community artists.
Below you can find the full patch notes:
[OPERATION SHATTERED WEB]
– Introducing Operation Shattered Web, featuring all-new equippable Agents, weapon collections, missions, and more!
– For more details visit www.counter-strike.net/shatteredweb
[ GAMEPLAY ]
– Increased price of SG553 to $3000 to bring its price more in line with its value.
– Reduced the price of FAMAS and Galil by $200 (to $2050 and $1800, respectively)
– Improved full-auto spraying accuracy of FAMAS and Galil.
[ Danger Zone ]
– Buymenu price adjustments for ssg08 and radar jammer.
– Minor timing adjustments for locked door and safe interaction.
– Automated sentries now fire M249 bullets.
– Added killfeed icon for automated sentry.
– Added more explosive barrels.
– Tablet crate icons now show an above/below annotation if significantly above or below the player.
– Minor change to zone effect visuals.
[ MISC ]
– ‘AWP | Hyper Beast’ and ‘P90 | Nostalgia’ updated to correct wear at Factory New
[ WORKSHOP ]
We have added support for applying a pearlescent coating to weapon finishes. Pearlescent coatings use ceramic crystals to reflect and refract light, splitting it into different colors as the view angle changes. This effect can be used in a number of ways to subtly enhance your weapon finish or make drastic changes. The new Operation Shattered Web collections have some weapons with pearlescent coatings to illustrate some of the ways this new feature can be used. The Workshop Workbench has been updated to include this feature so you can experiment with adding this coating to a weapon finish. Using higher values will make the color bands tighter and more frequent and using negative values will flip the spectrum to start on the opposite end. It should be noted that this coating will shift the hue of your weapon finish so parts with no saturation, and therefore no hue, will have no pearlescent effect. We look forward to seeing what interesting applications you come up with.
[ MAPS ]
– Added Studio to Scrimmage and Casual Sigma map groups.
– Added Jungle to the Danger Zone rotation.
– Added Lunacy to Flying Scoutsman
– Zoo and Seaside have been removed.
– Cache has been moved from Scrimmage to Competitive Matchmaking
– Added ramp to final stage of scaffolding on A ramp, no longer need to jump up
– Connected corridor to back of A with CT elevator room
– Widened top of mid
– Offset doors from CT spawn and to CT elevator room
– Made A site CT death funnel shorter, widened site area
– Removed big block in CT spawn
– Moved A ramp sandbags to allow jump up
– Various bug and clipping fixes